Saturday, November 6, 2010

November 6, 2010


On Wednesday Becca was six months old. I realized this week that I haven't put any real updates on here in a while, so - if she'll stay asleep for a few more minutes! - I'll do that now.

She is rolling over both ways. She can sit on her own for a little while, although she will eventually fall over backwards or sideways. She has a tooth coming in on the bottom - it emerged during our week of illness, and doesn't seem to be bothering her too much, except that she will chew on anything and everything (see picture above). She is eating baby food and some cereal every evening, she's had squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, and green beans so far and likes them all. She still doesn't love cereal, but she will eat it. I've been trying to give her some fruits on weekend mornings, but she doesn't seem to like those quite as much. She jabbers and "talks" all the time. It's constant, including shrieks and screams when she sees the dogs. She LOVES the dogs. She chases them in her walker around the house. They don't seem to mind her, although I think they are scared of the walker. For now they are really indifferent to her, but I'm sure as soon as she is old enough to pet them they will love her.

Her next doctor appointment is next week, for her six month shots. I'm guessing she weighs about 17 pounds. I think she's still a little big for her age, but her weight gain has slowed in the last few months. She is starting to outgrow six month clothes - I would say a few more weeks and she'll be in 6-9 or 9 month stuff. She is still a good sleeper, most nights sleeping from about 8 until I wake her up around 6:15 (during the week, anyway). She did go through a spell of not sleeping well a few weeks ago, but it was right when she was sick and teething.

So there's a little bit more of an update, and a picture for the week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she is really catching up to Luke! At almost 10 months, he still doesn't have one tooth, and is still under 17lbs. And they now wear the same size clothes too. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete