Saturday, May 8, 2010

Baby Becca is here!







I'm sure everyone has heard the news by now that Rebecca Estelle made her entrance into the world at 2:11 Monday afternoon. She was 7lbs 11oz at birth and 19 inches long. She is doing great. We were released from the hospital just before lunch on Wednesday and have been adjusting to life at home. She is sleeping some, nursing great, and only crying a little. Hopefully we won't eat these words, but for now I think we've been blessed with a very laid back baby.
I will say that all of my fears on being induced were for nothing. It was a very short labor and a very fast delivery. In fact, it was so fast that when the doctor told me it was time to start pushing I thought he was joking and asked for a few minutes to adjust to the idea that I would be in full-blown labor for about 4 hours instead of all day. They got everything ready, she was out about 30 minutes later, and amazingly I didn't feel a thing. Epidurals are a WONDERFUL thing! I'm feeling better every day.
I'll try to post pictures as often as I can, but it might be slow here at the beginning.



1 comment: