There's these things in your blood called platelets that make your blood clot. And apparently doctors get a little concerned when your platelets start to get low right before you do something like, oh, I don't know, give birth. (Do you see where this is going yet?) My platelets have been a little low for a few weeks - it's not uncommon for platelets to drop while you're pregnant. Then they got a little lower. And on Thursday I started steroid pills to get them back up. I go back to the doctor on Monday to see how well the steroids are working - I'll be 38 weeks that day. Hopefully they'll be working wonderfully and I'll go into labor sometime next week while my platelets are still high enough to not be an issue. If the steroids don't work, or if they quit working before I go into labor on my own, there is a the possibility that the doctors will want to induce labor to avoid complications.
Can't say I'm real happy about this turn of events. It's hard to go from 8 weeks of hoping you don't go into labor, to all of a sudden being told that if you don't go into labor soon you may be induced. I do NOT want to be induced.
So if there's anyone out there still hoping that she hangs on a little longer, go ahead and do us a favor and start hoping she goes ahead and shows up, will you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Em! I'm sorry about this. I'll be praying for you! Healthy Baby! Healthy You! Healthy Platelets. Hang in there!! She'll come - right on time.
ReplyDeleteEmily,
ReplyDeleteEverything is going according to Rebecca's plan...now you know who is going to be in charge for awhile. You're all in our prayers, and Rebecca...mom's ready anytime now...be gentle. Love, Dot & Phil
Silly platelets. Well, you know we're praying for you guys. It won't be long now! And I know it will all work out. Like I said, it doesn't matter how she gets here, just that she gets here safe and sound. But a little less intervention sure would be nice.
ReplyDelete