Monday, April 19, 2010

That's a big belly.

So we were in Walmart yesterday and as I come around a corner I pass by this young girl with her dad, and I hear her say "That's a big belly." She was probably 6 or 7 years old, and I could hear her dad frantically shushing her, so I pretended not to hear so that maybe her dad wouldn't be too embarassed (although seriously, it IS big). She obviously had other ideas. She bounced right up to me, stood directly in front of me - eye level with the belly, I might add - pointed at my stomach with both hands, and asked "What's in there?" I'm telling you, she looked horrified. I couldn't help but laugh. I was explaining to her that there's a baby in there when her dad rushed up and apologized, saying that she has a tendency to say outrageous things to people. He asked what we were having, I told him a girl, and I'm pretty sure he looked at us with sympathy. As he guided her away, she took one last look at my stomach, and added in true disbelief, "There must be two babies in there." Thanks, kid.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious, Emily! I love it. You're such a good sport!

    I'm so glad you're blogging! Makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love kids. They always tell you what they really think.

    I ditto Kylie on the blogging!

    ReplyDelete